Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Spidey is back! Spider-Man Homecoming review


Spider-Man has swung back onto the big screen in the latest addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Spider-Man Homecoming. If like me you are a lover of superhero movies, you will absolutely adore this film. Trust me on this one!

Are your Spidey senses tingling?
Now, numerous actors have played the role of Spider-Man in the past, but this time Tom Holland a young British actor has taken on the iconic role. I know what your thinking, what makes Tom Holland any different from the others? Well, for me he perfectly captured both the nerdy personality of Peter Parker and the comical and cheeky side of Spider-Man. Throughout the film, we get to see the awkward cringe moments of Peter Parker's life as a teenager and the overly excitable and cocky persona of the currently inexperienced Spider-Man. For me, Tom Holland really does seem to be the perfect fit for the role. Don't get me wrong, I am still a fan of the Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire Spider-Man incarnations, but this version seems to tick all the boxes!

We saw a glimpse of Tom Holland as the popular web slinging superhero in Captain America Civil War, where we saw him teaming up with Iron Man. If you've seen the trailers you'll know that Robert Downey Junior's Iron Man does indeed make an appearance in this blockbuster as well. Some Marvel fans were worried about the possibility of Iron Man taking over the whole movie, but luckily this is not the case. The famous Tony Stark only appears in a few scenes and is more of a cameo style character. Speaking of cameos, Iron Man isn't the only Avenger to pop-up in the film, keep your eyes peeled for a certain guy in stars and stripes.

The film is packed full of action sequences, comical dialogue and of course a gripping plot. Spider-Man Homecoming sees a young Peter Parker hone his spidey senses with a few bumps along the way, whilst also trying to get through high school like any normal teenager - which is quite a lot for one person to handle. The villain of the film is The Vulture, played by Michael Keaton. The backstory and motives of this character tie nicely into previous Marvel films, giving more context of what life is like in a world filled with superheroes.

Spider-Man Homecoming really is a great addition to the MCU and does a fantastic job of establishing Tom Holland as the new Spiderman. So what are you waiting for? Head on down to your local cinema, grab some popcorn and give it a watch. Oh and don't forget to stick around for the after credit scene. It's quite possibly the funniest and cheekiest one Marvel have made yet!

If you've seen the film, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. I'd love to know your views.

xXx

6 comments:

  1. I thought he was adorable! A perfect Spider-Man!
    But I'm not sure if I like the whole Stark made spidey suit. I liked the idea of him making it and him not needing all of the extra gadgets. But it didn't take away too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree 😊 I'm not sure about all the gadgets either, hopefully it's something they cut back on because they did sort of make fun of the over digitalisation of it when he didn't understand how to use the different settings on the suit! Xx

      Delete
  2. I loved the movie! Tom Holland was a perfect Peter Parker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Homecoming, and agree that Tom Holland did make such a perfect Spider-man, I just don't think it was anything special. I don't know whether it was the movie itself or the fact that I'm just getting a little bored with superhero movies in general, but it just wasn't unique enough and I saw myself predicting nearly every single scene - with the help of what I saw in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean. Marvel tend to stick to the same kind of structure for all of there films and this one was perhaps more predictable as it was a fairly simple plot (probably because Spider-man is popular with kids). I still think it was a really enjoyable watch! I think you are right though, it would be nice to see some new ideas brought to superhero films!
      Thank you for your comment X

      Delete