Thursday, 21 July 2016

Star Wars Celebration

Last weekend I went all out geek as I attended the Star Wars Celebration Europe on Saturday. I was bursting with excitement for the event, especially as I had bought the tickets over a year ago so had endured a long anticipation filled wait. I have always been a big Star Wars fan but had never been to one of the celebrations before, so as this year it was in London (my home turf) I jumped at the opportunity.

There was so much going on at the event: merchandise stalls, panels, drone displays and exclusive reveals about upcoming films in the franchise. It was like a big comic-con dedicated solely to Star Wars.

One of the first things I saw was a display of the costumes and models used in the filming of the upcoming Rogue One movie. It was awesome to see up close how detailed the costumes were and get an insight into how the film would look. It was a great opportunity to learn more about the soon to be released film. I’ve been particularly interested in Rogue One as it is set between episodes III and IV of the Star Wars films and therefore I am intrigued to see how the film blends in and what it adds to the story arc of the franchise.

Another highlight of the day was seeing Propel’s Star Wars drone display. It was an acrobatic drone demonstration showcasing drones with the aesthetics of vehicles from Star Wars films, including the famous Millennium Falcon.

Sadly I couldn’t afford to meet some of the amazing Star Wars cast members that were at the event but I did get to see a few of them onstage on The Star Wars Show which was streaming live from the event.





There were lots of photo opportunities with iconic props and vehicles from the films and of course there were numerous fabulous cosplayers.

By the end of the day my feet were aching from all the walking around the event, but I didn’t care because I had an amazing geeky day out. The event only made me more excited for the forthcoming additions to the Star Wars film franchise and now I just can't wait for Rogue One!




xXx

2 comments: